Thursday, December 21, 2006

Whose Timing Is This?

Jane and I (Marty) have continued to wonder how and why it is that everything has seemed to point to La Pine as "the place to be." (some of you will get the Seinfeld reference but most won't, so don't feel bad) Now don't get me wrong, we love it here, but why La Pine? In addition, to Jane's work being here, the fact that we see sunshine more days than not (even though it may be single digits when the sun comes up) and the leisurely pace of life and proximity to recreation, there is now an additional factor.

I had a long awaited interview with Deschutes Co. today which couldn't have gone better. Within an hour of the interview I was phoned and informed that I am currently in first position for the job pending checking of job references. It appears that our living in La Pine has great influence in my favor and that I may be working as many as three days a week here in La Pine starting next school year.

I don't want to downplay my experience or abilities, but can say with some humility that this is again, all too coincidental for me. For me to finish my work in Dallas, interview within a week for a job I applied for 7 weeks ago, then find out that La Pine is significant says to me that someone who knows more than me is calling the shots.

If you haven't tried things God's way, you might want to give it some consideration. He can bless you way beyond what you can imagine. Sure, you can rationalize other explanations as to what has taken place. But if you were in our boots (not shoes, its winter here, three inches of snow this morning) 3 months ago and had handed the entire process over to the Lord, openly stating "we will abide by your decision and will", you would understand our reluctance to take credit for the timing.

Oh, and I mentioned blessings didn't I. Yesterday, we received a windfall financially to cover next months house payment. We had the money in savings to take care of it, but who am I to question God's blessing. Let's just call it a "gift."

When I think of God's graciousness and faithfulness these past few months, it makes me kick myself for not trusting Him sooner. Praise God!

No comments: