God plays games and so do I.
I played with dominoes a lot as a kid when I was bored. I'd line them up into all kinds of shapes and knock down the first one and watch all the rest fall in order. It took incredible patience to set them up and they would all fall so quickly.
It never occurred to me that God plays dominoes. It has been quite difficult to be patient (though Tilley has been good company) while Jane is living in Bend. Waiting for job inquiries and applications to produce, waiting for our house to sell, trying not to even think past the next step of finding a place to live in Bend and where I will live here if the house sells and I'm stuck working here. Well…
God knocked over the first domino a couple of weeks ago when Jane's first income came with a sale in her new job in LaPine (fondly known as L.A. Pine). It takes, oh, about 10 days for her check following close of escrow. That brings us to this week.
That first domino must have teetered there for a while, God has a sense of humor, because they have been falling like Oregon rain in the winter on the coast.
This was our week of 10/15:
Monday- offer was accepted on our house. Minor repairs after inspection were thought to be as high as $1500.
Tuesday- decided to make an offer on a new Pahlisch house in LaPine that a couple had defaulted on in the development in which Jane is selling. Added many more upgrades (already has about $25,000 worth) including some changes in cabinet doors, interior and exterior paint, window coverings for the whole house, air-cond. and fenced yard for Tilley. Jane's boss assured her we could work something out. Talked with the contactor doing the repairs. He initially wasn't sure he could get them done before closing. He informed me that he could do them next week and would have to charge his minimum for a day's work, $350.
Wednesday-Jane's boss responded by telling her to add $5,000 to the price (already below the base price without upgrades). He tells Jane to right up an offer sheet. I get a phone call from Deschutes Co. re: an interview, now scheduled for next Tues. for a self-contained program similar to what I am working in now. Salary and benefits would match what I have now.
Thurs. (Today)- Phone call from St. Charles Med. Ctr. in Bend re: an interview for a position now scheduled for next Tues. Only two days a week, but half time with benefits and more than half my current salary. (I like this one because I could get more fishing done). Conversation with a co-worker that she initiated re: Marc's car and some sort of trade for their boat (did I mention fishing?). Jane receives a verbal confirmation from her boss re: our offer.
Oh, and don't forget Jane's yellow 2000 Xterra (may actually have been the first domino prior to her sale) she'd suggested to me prior to her move over there that we got for $200 over wholesale from a sales associate at her first mtg with the Hasson Reality when Vicki said, "Oh, would anyone be interested in a yellow Xterra my husband and I are trying to sell.
But Marty, not everything is a done deal here. That's O.K., because it would just mean that God has something better. What parent wouldn't want to give there children something good and mean the best for them when they are pleased with them.
I've believed for some time that I didn't want to push or limit what God could do. I have asked thoughout that it be His timing and His doing knowing He can work quickly (Jane had no days off between jobs). I take no credit for waiting on Him because He is the one who has given me the patience to wait. As I have found to be true in the past, God is amazingly faithful!
Some of you might think this an atypical communication from me but it has been an atypical week. Coincidence? I challenge any of you to even try to convince yourself of that.
Now, I'm not a strong believer that God is always going to bless you financially. But I do believe that if you trust Him, He will bless you. But there will be a cost. God wants Jane and I in Bend for a reason and it will cost our service and devotion, time and effort. Don't know what that reason is yet, but He will let us know.
So, if anyone wants to complain about the way God plays or manipulates their life, I say He can play dominoes with mine anytime He wants. If you believe Him to be a benign power that just looks down with disinterest, I suggest that you have a conversation with Him. If you don't know what to say, then just let Him know you are trying to listen.
Undeserving of what only God can provide,
Thursday, December 7, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment