Our first big snow fall produced the next two pictures. It began snowing as I left for work in the morning and was still snowing when this picture was taken. Jane and I get so excited when it snows big that we went for a walk at 10:30 p.m. and snapped a shot of our house.
This is a picture out our bedroom window the next morning with the trees heavy with snow.
We had a great turn out for our first annual New Years Eve day "Chill and Grill". Bob and Molly came down from Olympia for the event as they had for something similar last year. My sister, Kathy, donated the outdoor fireplace in the form of a Christmas present from her which I set up in the driveway, we provided the teriyaki chicken kabobs and everyone else brought their own beverage and a side dish. Neighbors, both full and part time residents, came and went through the evening totaling about 30. When it started to get cold we moved inside and visited throughout the evening. It was great fun!
This morning I took these two shots of 1) "Tilley the snow plow" (she loves to stick her nose in the snow when she runs) and 2) looking southeast from our driveway when we went out skiing. The temp. was a balmy 25 degrees with 3-4 inches of perfect new snow. The snow was so good that Jane and I went out after dark with our head lamps for a ski around the perimeter trails, about a mile.
Most of our visitors have been family or friends who come during the summer. We'd love to host more friends in the winter as the season really is special here.
Love to all,
Marty and Jane.
2 comments:
The pictures are great! It really is Christmassy around there. :) Tilley in the snow is so cute. So you guys just go out on your skis around the development? I didn't realize that, I thought you had to drive out somewhere. That's convenient!
It's "cool" here this morning, I'm in a sweater and coat but I'm sure you'd be in a tee. :)
lots of love!
K
I'm looking forward to helping with the great tree search 2008! Snow? Who's deterred by a little snow?
- M
Post a Comment