Sunday, March 11, 2007

Let the Sun Shine....

What a beautiful weekend! Jane had to work this w/e so we got up early Saturday to go x-country skiing up at 10 mile on Paulina Peak and it was so icy we decided to just walk up to this viewpoint. We could have skied it but would have paid the price with bruises coming down. The snow was hard enough, that walking up the road which had 2-3 ft. of snow, we never sunk in more than about an inch.
Mt. Bachelor(l) and Broken Top (r) were in the sun. You can just make South Sister inbetween the two.
This second picture is looking down over LaPine. I'm not sure what peak that is in the background. It is still difficult for us to believe that we can have views like this 20 min. from the house.
If Saturday wasn't enough, today (Sunday) we hit 71 degrees and I spent as much time outside as I could and took some pictures of our newly acquired boat.

Last weekend we went to the Sportsman's Show (no political correctness, "sportsperson's", when it comes to hunting and fishing) just to get some ideas. I saw a nice 15' Smoker Craft 'Alaskan' that I really liked but they had an underpowered (10 horse) motor to keep the price down. Still, aluminum boats are expensive and they wanted twice what I was willing to pay. So as we were leaving what do I find "For Sale" in the parking lot? A 1999 15' Smoker Craft 'Alaskan' with a 15 horse Mercury outboard with all the extras right at what I was willing to pay. Included were all the extras: brand new fishfinder, two anchors, Minnkota Electric trolling motor with new battery, 1 yr. old canvas top and several anti-theft goodies.

Coincidence? You know I'm not a big believer in those things. All in all, pretty amazing week!

4 comments:

Marcus and Kerry said...

We want to see some pictures with the two of you in them too!

Marcus and Kerry said...

Are you going to park it in the back and have picnics in it when it's not fishing season? It has a nice umbrella that is patio-esque. :) We like it! Looks like a lot of good times!

Marcus and Kerry said...

I want to know why you're not posting pictures of the Xterra stuck in the snow and trying to get it out! Haha.

Sandi E. said...

I am so jealous, miss the cold clear winter weather of Central Oregon more than anyone will ever know. We had the snow-covered seven mountain peak view from our living room window in Prineville. The trees, flowers and colors here are nice but I never saw a bad sunset while living over there, now I barely see the sun. I'm pretty sure I was born for the wide open spaces but alas here I am. Your new home looks lovely. Be prepared, winter isn't over yet!